Dinghy Insurance

Our specialist small craft and sailing dinghy insurance policy offers quality cover at a competitive price. We can insure racing and sailing boats, as well as rowing boats, monohulls and RIBS up to a length of 25 feet.

The sailing insurance policy automatically covers:

  • Loss or damage whilst your sailing vessel is racing
  • Rescue boat liability – cover whilst acting as official rescue/support boat crew or skipper
  • Race fees – for non-refundable fees if unable to attend an entered event after a claim (£150)
  • Personal effects (up to £2,500)
  • Pet medical fees – following an accident on board (£500)
  • Public Liability cover of £3m for sailing dinghies and £5m for all other small craft
  • Personal Accident cover

Our sailing insurance will provide you with cover within the UK and European waters (excluding crossings of the English Channel, Irish & North Seas).


Your vessel will be covered for loss or damage when stored ashore and whilst moored afloat on inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, subject to the vessel being moored in accordance with the limits and requirements shown within the policy documentation. No excess applies to a claim whilst the vessel is moored on a marina berth.

To insure your racing dinghysailing dinghysailing boat, sailboatrow boatskiff, kayak, canoe or paddleboard, request a quote here:

Cover Options


Our fully comprehensive cover provides insurance for accidental losses and damage to your vessel. It also includes liability cover, which is essential for you to launch and moor your vessel in harbours and marinas around the UK and abroad.


This is the minimum level of cover required by marinas and harbours in order to be able to launch or moor your vessel. Third party cover will provide cover for accidental damage to other vessels only.

For a quote or advice from our award winning team call
01843 603345
Ready to get cover?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I choose the sum insured?

The sum insured is the maximum you’ll receive after a total loss of your vessel and it should reflect its current market value. The sum insured is usually based on the price you paid. If you think the current market value is higher than the price paid, we’ll ask to see an independent written valuation to support this.

Are friends and family covered to use my boat?

Yes, assuming they have your permission and you’re confident they can handle the boat safely.

Will you need a survey to insure my boat?

We usually ask for a survey for boats over 25 feet in length and over 35 years old, but some boats will require a survey before this. Once a survey has been approved, you won’t need another for at least five years.

What is an excess?

The excess is the amount that you have to contribute towards each claim, shown in your policy schedule. A discount is usually available if you choose to accept a higher excess on your policy.

boat docked at a harbour

Refer us to your friends

Were you happy with our service? Refer us to your friends and you could each receive £20!