Commercial Craft Insurance

We insure most types of commercial craft, such as fishing vessels, passenger-carrying vessels, workboats and safety boats. We can also offer a combined policy that covers Employer’s Liability and Public Liability insurances.
Comprehensive and third party only options are available.

All of our commercial policies cover up to £3m Third Party Liability as standard. This can be extended to £10m if required. Third Party liability is a requirement of all marinas and harbours prior to launching/berthing.

If you are looking for a specialist Builders Risk Policy to cover you whilst your vessel is under construction, being modified, or under fit-out? We can look at this for you too.

On top of insuring the vessel itself, we can also cover all the additional items that you may have such as your tender, outboard, life raft, electronics and personal effects.  If required, we can also include various levels of liability for waterskiing and the towing of inflatable toys.


Most marinas and harbours are acceptable under our policy. You should consider that some restrictions may apply.

We give permission for vessels to be moored on swinging moorings which can include cover for when the boat is left unattended. These would be subject to our prior agreement and there may be restrictions on the dates such moorings can be used and the mooring location.

To insure your fishing boat, workboat, pilot boat, safety boat, charter boat or other commercial vessel, request a quote here:

Cover Options


Our fully comprehensive cover provides insurance for accidental losses and damage to your vessel. It also includes liability cover, which is essential for you to launch and moor your vessel in harbours and marinas around the UK and abroad.


This is the minimum level of cover required by marinas and harbours in order to be able to launch or moor your vessel. Third party cover will provide cover for accidental damage to other vessels only.

For a quote or advice from our award winning team call
01843 603345
Ready to get cover?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I choose the sum insured?

The sum insured is the maximum you’ll receive after a total loss of your vessel and it should reflect its current market value. The sum insured is usually based on the price you paid. If you think the current market value is higher than the price paid, we’ll ask to see an independent written valuation to support this.

Are friends and family covered to use my boat?

Yes, assuming they have your permission and you’re confident they can handle the boat safely.

Will you need a survey to insure my boat?

We usually ask for a survey for boats over 25 feet in length and over 35 years old, but some boats will require a survey before this. Once a survey has been approved, you won’t need another for at least five years.

What is an excess?

The excess is the amount that you have to contribute towards each claim, shown in your policy schedule. A discount is usually available if you choose to accept a higher excess on your policy.

boat docked at a harbour

Refer us to your friends

Were you happy with our service? Refer us to your friends and you could each receive £20!